Saturday, June 6, 2015

Thanatar-Calix Siege Engine

To say this was hard to put together would be an understatement!

The leg assemblies are not for the novice model maker by any stretch of the imagination... FW's instructions are lacking in clarity (far too common...), and some parts are just not identified on the sheet.










Once together it was an absolute joy to paint. I had the opportunity to try out some chipping/weathering techniques I've been learning for the past couple of years; I think they worked really well.

I also worked up the reds from the Minitaire range for paints from Badger. Reds can be challenging in any paint range, but the boffins at Badger, along with their testers, came up with some superb colours. And they airbrush beautifully.

Hopefully the client will be happy, and I get to paint some more for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment